Interview Questions for Board Members
Sample Interview Questions |
- Tell me about yourself.
- Describe your work experience.
- Describe your duties and responsibilities.
- What have you learned from your work experience?
- Describe the ideal work environment.
- Tell me about your last job.
- What did you like the least? The most?
- Why did you leave or why are you thinking of leaving?
- Explain your experience and education that you see is relevant to this position?
- Describe a time when you had to work to complete a deadline. Did you meet it?
- What are some of your greatest accomplishments?
- How do you go about taking on a new assignment?
- What will you do on your first day if hired for this position?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What skills and qualities do you bring to the position?
- What makes you excited about coming to work?
- Describe your understanding of equipment and common area maintenance.
- Tell me about your computer skills and what type of software you are experienced with.
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What organizations do you belong to? How active are you?
Specific for Managers:
- Describe your level of understanding of how to read a financial statement. What is on the Balance Sheet? Income Statement?
- Describe your role in the Budget Process.
- Describe what attributes make a great manager?
- Describe how you supervise your staff.
- Give an example of teamwork.
- How do you handle emergencies?
- What preventative maintenance programs have you implemented?
- How do you manage employee performance?
- Give an example, from your past work experiences, about a time when you had an underperforming employee reporting to you. How did you address the situation? Did the employee’s performance improve? If not, what did you do next?
- Describe how you have gone about meeting and developing relationships with your new coworkers, board members, residents and vendors.
- What type of management style do you prefer (hands-on, frequent supervision, minimal supervision, etc.) and why?
- Describe a challenging problem that you had dealt with, how you approached it and the outcome.
- Describe when you were faced with multiple interruptions and how you managed your day to accomplish your work.
- How do you deal with difficult or demanding co-workers, board members and residents?
- When you delegate assignments to others, how do you keep track of their progress?
- Describe a situation when you became aware of a resident’s dissatisfaction or complaint and or violation and how you handled it.
- How do you handle criticism?
- Describe some of the projects you have been involved with and how you handled them
- What are your career goals?
- Where do see yourself in five years?
- Why do you think you are the best person for the job?